Love Sharks? Or just curious to know more about them? PADI Project AWARE – Shark Conservation Speciality course gives you the opportunity to learn more about these amazing creatures and the dangers they face!
Includes a 40 minute dive with the sharks of Blue Planet required to achieve the certification.
This course will inspire you to become a Shark conservation advocate, including their conservation status and why they are vulnerable to impacts and introduce the major threats they face. We will provide you with information on why Sharks are a value to marine environment and to local economies providing you with details on how we can implement approaches which will protect Sharks. We can also provide a pathway for you to become actively involved in Shark conservation.
Project AWARE – Shark Conservation speciality includes
- Tour of the Aquarium
- Coffee, tea and drinks
- An Aquatheatre show
- Classroom sessions with knowledge checks
- Dive briefing
- 40 minute dive in our Caribbean reef main tank.
- Debrief and logbook signing
- An e-certification card will be emailed to the diver by PADI on completion of the course.
You will need
• A towel
• Swimming gear
• Shower products
• Personal Dive equipment (must have been serviced within the last 12 months) *Can be hired for a fee on site
• Paperwork will be completed onsite with your PADI Instructor
• Personal Dive logbook
• PADI Certification card
At the end of your classroom session, you will be able to explain
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
- Course runs from 09:00am until 18:00pm.
- The cost of this dive does not include the use of our diving equipment.
- This course is open PADI Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old.
- Each diver must have logged a dive within six months prior to diving with us.
- Extra kit is available for hire upon request.
All dives and dates are subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
To book your dive, buy your voucher above then to enquire about next available dates, call our bookings team on 0151 357 8804.
N.B. If you complete the dive section, it is recommended that you wait at least 12 hours before flying. This is because the residual nitrogen that is still dissolved in your blood after diving can come out of solution as bubbles if the pressure reduction is not slow enough to let your body off-gas safely – such as if you ascend to altitude too soon after your dive.