10% off tickets here

Helpful Facts to Satisfy Your Octopus Curiosities

June 13, 2017

Octopus does not live on land. As a result, you might never have seen a live one before, and you may never be able to see a live one all through your sweet life on earth. The fact that the octopus is not a terrestrial animal further contributes to the ignorance many people express about the animal. How much do you know about the octopus? For example, how many brains does an octopus have? In this write-up, you will get an answer to this question and many other questions about the octopus.

Did you know how many brains an octopus has?

An octopus has up to 9 brains! Yes, you read right. That is not all; this aquatic animal also has three hearts. Additionally, it does not have the normal red blood like you, and I have; an octopus has BLUE BLOOD flowing through its veins!  Did you just say wow?! Well, if you doubt this, you can take a dive in the Pacific or the Atlantic Ocean to find out for yourself. Don’t worry; you will come back to tell the story.

 

An octopus has up to 9 brains

octopus curiosities, how many brains does an octopus have

The octopus is a relatively strange animal No matter how big it is, it can squeeze through very tiny holes without its nine brains or its three hearts getting in the way. For example, . First of all, they test the hole if it fits their beaks; if the beak can get through the hole successfully, then the rest of the body can follow suit.  Almost the entire of their body is made up of muscle; only 10% is made up of chitin, water, and other substances, with the remaining 90% being made of muscle.

Just like every other animal created, the octopus is also created as male and female. The female does not fertilize its egg immediately after mating; it waits for several months after mating before fertilizing its eggs. An average female octopus can lay up to 90,000 eggs.

Humans may be the chief animal (or higher animals), but they are still limited when compared to octopus in certain areas. For one, an octopus can grow its hands back when any of the hands are lost to predators. </strong>

Also, these animals are cannibals; bigger octopuses do relish smaller octopus. All octopuses have venom, aside from the blue-ringed octopus that has deadly venom to humans; no other octopus has deadly venom to human. So, aside from learning about how many brains does an octopus have, you can see that there are a million and one other things you should also know about the octopus.